- Published: 15 August 2014
So as of 8/15/2014 there was a major server code update that resolved a pretty bad memory leak. This particular issue is really what has caused so many problems in the past resulting in the weekly reboot schedule that is in place right now. Since the issue appears to be resolved we will be moving our scheduled clearing of the replay data and server reboots from 1 week to the first of every month. Please keep in mind we are trying out this change to see what affect it has on the server. If there appears to be any negative results from this change we will be moving the window around to resolve any issue that may come up. We hope this change is for the better. At some point in time we hope to actually eliminate the required reboots but will always have a time period in which replays are cleared.
- Published: 08 August 2014
Have you downloaded the most recent cockatrice build from the "Summer Magic" announcement and noticed that there is some bug's about the client? (Yes we know, were not perfect and as with all software packages that are made, there will be bugs that slowly get worked out.) Though the crew working on the code is steadily figuring out the bugs and hope to have a maintenance release available at some point in the future, we do offer a weekly client build that incorporates what addition and fixes have been added already.
What's this you say? Yes it's true, every week on Friday (no specific time on Fridays) a new compiled client is created and made available from our cockatrice download menu section. If you've experienced issue's in the past with the client version your running give the most recent weekly build of the client out. There is a good chance that additional functionality has either been added or some of the more annoying bugs that players are running into has been resolved.
Download the weekly client build either by following this link , or use the link off our downloads menu.
- Published: 26 June 2014
Summer Magic 2014
- The deck editor has been updated to have new filters and a new look
- Oracle now uses mtgjson.com instead of Gatherer and has a new look as well as improved speed
- You now have the ability to friend or ignore offline users in the User Lists tab
- Servatrice now uses Fischer-Yates shuffle.
- MSVC is now the officially supported mechanism for compiling on Windows.
- The format for cards.xml has changed and will require you to rerun Oracle
- Downloading HQ pictures is now a settings checkbox (off by default)
- User manual is updated
- Cockatrice gives sane warning messages for various card database issues instead of displaying settings page and refusing to launch
- OSX DMG generation is improved
- Cockatrice's github repository is now integrated with Travis CI for better build assurance
- The new deck editor is rough around the edges. A specific list is here: #97. Please add unmentioned issues in that ticket.
- The translations are going to be out of date
- Some set codes have changed from the new source, which means that card images might need to be redownloaded. If you are under bandwidth caps you are highly encouraged to manually correct these to avoid downloading card images you already have. See #114 for specifics. This note can be ignored by most people because Cockatrice will automatically download the images again.
- If you downloaded or compiled a prerelease version of the client you should rerun Oracle.
All the people who have contributed their time, knowledge, code, testing to the project. The project wouldn't be nearly as vibrant as it is now without all your help. Special thanks (in no particular order) to @woogerboy21, @VanNostrand, @ctrlaltca, @DMBuce, @mattkelly, and @sylvan-basilisk!
Tickets for the release after this one can be watched on the issue page
The newest compiled clients for Windows/Mac can be downloaded using the download links available under the the "Downloads" menu along the right side of our main site. Linux users should compile the client from source on your particular distribution.
- Published: 06 August 2013
We can take care of the server, add on moderators, and do our best to support players, but as much as we can do for the program we cannot guarantee the games you join to be positive experiences. Players have different attitudes that many times do not agree with one another, not all people are as friendly when online compared to how they may act if met for a game in real life. and not all people want you to enjoy the game as much as they want to. One thing we do recommend is to find a good community to join, get to know and play with. This can lead to a much more positive experience. One group we have come to work with is located at http://www.reddit.com/r/Cockatrice/ . They are doing everything they can do create a community of individuals who want nothing more than to play magic, help others, and have an overall good time. We frequent their sub to answer questions and concerns that come up in the program and see how everything is doing and recommend if your looking for a group to get to know, check them out.
- Published: 26 April 2013
We have brought a Cockatrice server online!
Server Address: cockatrice.woogerworks.com
Server Port: 4747
Backup Server Address: cockatricebackup.woogerworks.com
Backup Server Port: 4747
Authentication: Not required
Scheduled Reboot: Fridays 4am Eastern Standard Time
- Published: 26 April 2013
We have brought a Minecraft servers online!
Player Count: 10
Plain Server Port: 25565
- Published: 26 April 2013
We have brought a Mumble voice communication server online!